Optical Modeling Physicist
About The Position
TriEye is the pioneer of the world’s first CMOS-Based SWIR sensing technology. Based on nanophotonics research, TriEye’s technology is disrupting the world of vision sensors for the automotive market along with additional exciting applications.
We are looking for some exceptional talent to join our Photonics development team as a theoretical physicist, lead the development of new laser designs utilising various modeling aspects.
Your Day to Day
- Build analytical models (toy model) based on experimental results and/or a set of basic rules
- Build physical models describing laser systems, using self-built coding languages(Python, C, etc.) and consumer products (Comsol, ASLD, Ansys)
- Use the simulations developed to predict and improve existing and new laser designs
- Combine several tools to determine overall system behavior under several simultaneous effects influencing laser behavior, such as thermal effects, optical tolerances, material effects, etc
- Work with experimental physicists: compare experimental observations with the model to deduce and improve model accuracy
- Use model to explain results of observed unwanted effects in laser prototypes and work with engineering teams to improve design
- MSc / PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or similar, with a theoretical thesis related to laser engineering, simulation of lasers, electromagnetic theory or related subjects OR:
-At least 2 years experience in coding using Python, C, Matlab, or similar
-At least 2 years experience working with simulations of physical systems, e.g., laser dynamics, electromagnetism, diffusion problems
- Experience with commercial SW: Comsol, Ansys, or similar multiphysics tools - An advantage
- Knowledge in laser theory: Mode competition aspects, Q-switch/CW lasers, Etalons, thermal lensing, Laser amplifiers, beam propagation - An advantage
- Experience with numerical solvers: FDTD, FEM, BPM, RCWA, or similar - An advantage
- Optical design experience - An advantage
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
Why should you be a TriEyoneer?
- Leading the SWIR revolution: TriEye is redefining the way machine vision systems perceive the environment with its breakthrough Short Wave Infrared (SWIR) sensing technology providing HD SWIR imaging and 3D deterministic depth information under all lighting and weather conditions.
- Timing is everything: This is your opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing deep-tech company backed by industry leaders, as it enters a significant stage of global growth
- Make yourself at home: Our beautiful and modern offices in Tel Aviv, conveniently situated near all public transportation options, are designed to provide you with a comfortable and welcoming environment
- Unlocking your potential: Be a part of an empowering, multidisciplinary team who strongly believe in constant learning and knowledge sharing, offering a range of growth opportunities
- Competitive benefits package: Free gym membership, parking, holidays and birthday gifts, Cibus, generous vacation allowance, happy hours and team events, etc.
TriEye is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.